Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday, April 28th 2008

Well Mallow turned out to be a P.W. (Personal Worst), still I managed to keep several of my peers and, in particular, all except in the M50 category, behind me. I was happy enough with the run but I just seem to be running "through treacle". I can't complain (but I do) - I'm getting out and enjoying myself - not as much as before, but it feels good nevertheless.
Boy was I tired both Saturday (9 miles) and Sunday (12 Miles). 43 miles for the week.

Yesterday I found out that a neighbour had the same op, under the same surgeon, several years ago. I hope to talk to him over the next few days. I live in a small 'cul-de-sac' of 26 houses. It turns out that 5 of us have had prostate cancer, with 4 having surgery. Something in the air? I wonder what the stats people would make of that.

No comments: