Saturday, June 21, 2008

Mon 2nd June - 11 days Post-RP

This diary extract outlines my radical retropubic prostatectomy from a fly-on-the-wall perspective. It will not be to everyones taste. The idea is that other men faced with Prostate Cancer may find it helpful in considering their own options. If you find the contents distasteful or undesirable, I'm sorry for your troubles!
***********************************************************************************
Slept OK, but woke several times. It was a very, very warm night. Crapped and showered. After breakfast, D drove me to Turner's Cross, to look at the Cork City Marathon. While there I was under orders to continually walk up and down - no stopping clapping or cheering permitted! I was only allowed to stay for about 45 min, but it was great. I got a "high 5" from race leader and clubmate, Wieslaw Sosnowski. He went out of his way to give me it, so it was all the sweeter. I found the gesture very emotional in the circumstances. There was a great buzz going and I got greeting and wishes from lots of those running.

I'm eating very well, wolfing down my meals. I spent a good deal of the day in the reclining chair. In the end I only did 1 walk in the garden. I went to bed around 22:00. this was my first day without a nap, but I'm feeling stronger.

No comments: