Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sat 31st May 2008 - 9 Days Post-RP

This diary extract outlines my radical retropubic prostatectomy from a fly-on-the-wall perspective. It will not be to everyones taste. The idea is that other men faced with Prostate Cancer may find it helpful in considering their own options. If you find the contents distasteful or undesirable, I'm sorry for your troubles!
***********************************************************************************
Woke at 05:45, feeling quite reated. My bum seems less frozen - gettin g there! The night bag had about 500mL in it. I deliberately drank less last evening, to ensure that i didn't come close again to filling the bag.

I spent a good deal of the morning watching TV - ended up with the day bag overfilled. I'd had my legs raised on a foot-stool and didn't realise taht the bag was filling so much. Not a good idea!

I went for several walks in the garden and later we drove to Blackrock Castle, where we went for 1/2-3/4 mile walk on the Castle-lakelands walk. Met Eagle AC www.eagleac.net Club Treasurer, KS, there and had a brief chat. The weather was lovely and it was great to get some fresh air. I went for a lie-down when we got home and slept for about an hour.

I was a bit constipated later but finally passed stool after about 20-30 min sitting (doing Sudoku while waiting!). Probably need to take Milpar and/or fruit.

No comments: